Monday, March 26, 2007

Noteworthy Names

The latest installment from the ever-growing list of names that have caught my attention:

Coedna Carter
Donnie and Dawn Dunn
Rev. Fletcher W. Swink (and wife Geneala)
Mignon Faget
(Mr.) Pleasant Heggie
Kindra Latrice Butts
Sunny Toews
Bonnie L. Bonneville
(Mrs.) Willie Lee McPhatter
Flossie Ransom
Web Utz
(Mrs.) Bathseva Bland
Bertha Mae Bouknight
Hermitt Knox
Edna Mona
(Mrs.) Percolia Seymour
Bridie Pyles
Walter Skrunch
Tanner Blanchette
Fannie Bell
(Mrs.) Leaner Diggs
Izetta Autumn
Autumn Swing
(Mrs.) Coreaner Cargile DeWees
Brittany Dutchman
Crystal Woodland
Zitman E. French Jr.
Purity Li
Zenobia Gant
Luann Schminkey
Col. John Fogg Twombly III
Ednajane Truax
Frank Frinks
Fred Freed
Freed King
Col. Reamer W. Argo III
Betty Sue Lively Revels
Roy Rogers
Lartisha Lilly
Lillie Rose
Shametha LaFrance
Frontis B. Wiggins III
Dick Washburn
(Mr.) Bertil G. Buhler
Bessie K. Wigglesworth
Northmore Wilbur Hamill II
(Mrs.) Devereaux Bonfils Raskauskas
Dr. Candide Petrol
Starlette Worden
Theda Maw
(Mrs.) Prettlophine Jackson
Robert Nelson "Rocky" deButts Jr.
(Ms.) Fonda Pride
Amber Suckfiel
(Miss) Adream Blyther
(Mrs.) Sponcello R. Carpenter
(Mr.) Vernoise Dorsey
Jada Toombs
Zeppelin and Marley Raunig (siblings)
Lottie Swink
Blossom Sinker
(Miss) Orpha Wiley
Tholie and Roberette Murchison
Cedric and Redric Ledbetter (Roberette's progeny)
Geneva Feemster
(Mrs.) Mintry Muse
Carlos Washington
Amaryllis McDonald
Royal and Joneta Mothershead
Merry Blackman

2 comments:

rusher said...

I was doing genealogy research and found my grandmother's name, Coreaner Cargile DeWees, on your website. Do you keep track of where you find the names? BTW I got totally distracted. Your site is hilarious.

Mykljak said...

Thanks for the comment.

Coreaner Cargile DeWees is a magnificent moniker, worthy of a Tennessee Williams heroine. It makes me think of honeysuckle and mint juleps. Does your family have any link to Dewees Island, near Charleston, S.C.?

People send me names, and I scribble down ones that strike my fancy whenever I come across them myself, so I'd be hard pressed to cite a source. At the time I posted this, I was perusing The Washington Post daily, so that's probably the likeliest.

Good luck with your research! You're giving your family a priceless gift.