Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I Know I Am

What about you?

Sometime last year, Dan and I were having a glass of wine with my stepmother and an old friend of hers. I've forgotten how the topic arose, but we were startled to discover (at least I was) that we each had some peculiar habitual tics that we'd held onto since childhood.

At the time it was a strangely comforting revelation. If three largely sane people had their own little quirks, perhaps I wasn't such a freak after all. It wasn't until later that I thought of another explanation: Maybe everyone is nuts.

You might reach the same conclusion after visiting this site. It's simultaneously hilarious and pathetic, inviting and repellent, heaven and hell. It's riveting, and it's addictive. You've been warned.

Thanks to Terry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup, fascinating and frightening all at the same time. I have so many, I can't list them here, ir there, but it sure is reassuring!

Anonymous said...

I hope you wrote in you obsession of making sure that the cigarette lighter is turned exactly right for every car you ever step into -- an obsession that has rubbed off on me!

Mykljak said...

God, I'd completely forgotten about that. Good thing, too, since I'm no longer able to do anything about it. A lot of cars don't even have lighters anymore.

I have a neurosis to submit as soon as I finish reading them all and make sure nobody else has claimed it. I'll post a link if they use it.