Tuesday, November 04, 2008

News Flash

Some of our neighbors - how shall I put this? - stand little chance of ever appearing on the Nobel dais.

We were watching TV last night when something clattered through the mail slot. It was a photocopied article headlined: "'I Would Make A Bad President,' Obama Says In Huge Campaign Blunder."

Two portions were carefully outlined:

"... I think I would make a bad president...."

"My youth and inexperience would definitely make me an awful president," said Obama, whose seven-minute misstep was further exacerbated when he called himself "no expert" on the economy. "To be perfectly honest, I'd be worried about putting me in charge of the most powerful military in the world because I'm not any good when it comes to making important decisions. Also, I'm not sure how much I care about keeping this great nation of ours safe."

"I'm an elitist, I hate Israel, and I want to lose the war in Iraq," Obama concluded....

This precious lamb - or was it a whole flock? - took the time to make who knows how many copies, mark each one by hand, then deliver them door to door. Only one tiny detail eluded them: The source of their damning story was The Onion, a satirical newspaper.

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I'm lying: I laughed. A lot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell me you are making this up!

Mykljak said...

Sadly, it is 100 percent true. I wish I knew who it was. They must be feeling very blue today, bless their heart(s).