Thursday, February 07, 2008

Take Wing

One of the downsides to being a shut-in is that you often miss emerging cultural phenomena. For example, Wing, whom I'd apparently have known about if I kept up with "South Park."

If you've ever had the pleasure of a birthday serenade by Zap and Devo, the effect is remarkably similar. On second thought, it's more like Yoko Ono ... eerily so.



I found her renditions of "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" and "In the Ghetto" especially poignant.

Need more? Her official site is here. Sadly, it's too late to request "Wing Sings AC/DC" for my birthday. I listened to a sample, and it's bitchin'.

Thanks to Clark for filling in this appalling gap in my knowledge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't watch South Park... so I was also un-Wing-aware... but now I am... dear god...