Sunday, October 26, 2008

Semper Fine

One of this neighborhood's downsides is the lack of eye candy. (That and the crushing suburban dullness.) But there are some exceptions, most notably the 26-year-old Marine who moved in next door a few months ago.

Strikingly handsome with a body that won't quit, you can almost sense women ovulating when he approaches. I know I do. And unlike the last stud-puppy neighbor, this one isn't unnerved by people in wheelchairs. He probably attributes the drooling to my medical condition, which is only half accurate.

His friendliness actually presents a problem: As Dan noted, it's hard to maintain eye contact with such a magnificent chest in your face. Straight guys aren't the only ones who appreciate a great rack.

I'm not even put off by seeing him head out every Sunday morning in a crisply pressed outfit, a Bible in his meaty paw. Somehow it works for him.

Can't get too attached, though; he's not here to stay. He bought the place for a song after its longtime owner died, and he's been busily fixing it up ever since. As soon as the market picks up, he likely will too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Always love me some eye candy-straight or not. Bob still looks good to me and he's on your team. It's his black v-neck come -f-me sweater whilst he conducts.

cheers from mamma 'nem down south! love, c