Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Once in a Lifetime

I'm worried about Dermot Mulroney.

He starred in a Lifetime original movie* this week as the father of a baby with Down syndrome. He had a nurse take her away, then told everyone -- including his wife -- that she was stillborn. It was riveting.

In the old days, you knew an actor's career was over when he appeared on "The Love Boat." No one ever made it back alive from a Pacific Princess cruise. Metaphorically speaking.

Is there a contemporary equivalent? A Lifetime original movie must be pretty close. Poor Dermot. I hope I'm wrong.

* I know: I should be more concerned about myself, watching Lifetime weepies. It wasn't bad, though. Really.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are starting to scare me

Anonymous said...

did you know he grew up in Alexandria?

Mykljak said...

Indeed. He went to T.C. Williams with Dan's boss.