Sunday, January 04, 2009

Goodbye, Stranger

When I first stopped working, nearly 10 years ago now, I strove to be a diligent housewife. Naturally, my activities included daily perusal of the obituaries.

It crossed my mind that it might be a fun hobby to attend strangers' funerals, sitting quietly in the back, perhaps weeping softly if the mood struck. I figured I'd either slip out before anyone could ask questions or pretend to be too grief stricken to respond.

Sadly, I never followed through. Yet another forlorn cultivar in the weedy garden of regret that is my life.

Thanks to Ann-Maree for reminding me of this abandoned dream.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's never too late to start...

Anonymous said...

Oh shades of Harold and Maude.. You never know. I'll join you but honey I can't be your Maude:)!