Thursday, May 07, 2009

Deprogrammed

When we got a new TV and upgraded the cable, one of the things I was most excited about was getting BBC America. Among other great programs, I'd finally get to see "How Clean Is Your House?" Friends had been telling me about it for ages: "You have got to watch this. It is so you." They weren't kidding.

A more accurate title would be "How Can You Live Like This?". The premise is simple: A pair of British cleaning experts go into the filthiest homes imaginable, scold the resident pigs, and clean the place thoroughly, dispensing tips as they go. Hoarders abound, and the squalor often stretches the imagination. The close-ups are almost too much in hi-def.

Sadly, after a few months it appears that I've seen every episode. I was just coming to grips with that when I learned I'd missed this. TLC usually airs these shows to death, but I can find nary a speck on the horizon. What's left to live for?

Thanks to Kristine for the second link.

No comments: