Friday, July 20, 2007

Space at the Table

This one's for you, Kay. And for Dan's mother, although I don't think she's a regular reader. (I certainly hope not.)

Yesterday Dan attended a colleague's retirement luncheon, which was held at a family-style barbecue restaurant. How elegant, I thought, until I remembered that mine was in a beer hall (which tells you how very well my boss knew me).

Seated across from Dan was a man with no teeth. No front ones, anyway. What did he choose to eat? A nice tender pulled-pork sammich? Of course not. Ribs. Ribs!

An appetizing image, no?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yuck! Thanks, I love a toothless fellow! Dan works with a high class bunch. How do you eat ribs with no teeth? Going to gnaw on a bone now with all my sharp choppers now.

Anonymous said...

Some of my best friends have no teeth... oh wait... I'm confused. Pass the cheetos.


Dear god... that started me thinking "I wonder if they have a web site"... they do... and you can "ASK CHESTER" questions there...

Ask Chester

I asked "Is Michael Pretty?" and Chester replied... "Now, you're just being silly"

Oh well