Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Ladies of the Night

One year I attended the High Heel Race (as a spectator, not a contestant) wearing a red plaid jumper. I was supposed to be a Catholic schoolgirl, but not many people got it. Maybe I should have worn tights. Or at least shaved.

On the way home, I stopped at the local bodega to get a copy of the latest Playgirl, having heard that a guy from Arlington was featured in a spread on sexy firemen. (I was not disappointed.)

The middle-aged Korean clerk seemed slightly flustered and offered me a paper bag. "That's very kind," I replied, "but I'm already wearing a dress and carrying a pocketbook, so I don't really care."

My roommate was mortified.

Good times.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, Marty is easily mortified.

Anonymous said...

Too adorable but you should have shaved.

sarah Pekkanen said...

I'm sure you confused and flustered many middle-aged men who once had illicit Catholic schoolgirl fantasies.

Mykljak said...

Not in Dupont Circle. Not back then, anyway.