Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Things That Vex Me

This category is so vast, I could easily post something daily for the rest of my life and never run out. For starters:

Those new retro Mustangs. Why not just wear a T-shirt reading: "I'm having a midlife crisis and want to relive my youth, but I can't be bothered to buy the real thing, so I'll settle for this fake one." That would be a lot cheaper and no more transparent. Logically, New Beetles should bother me just as much, but for some reason they don't. Maybe 'cause they're cute.

Ken Burns's hair. Surely the guy can afford a salon cut, so what gives? Did he have a traumatic barbershop experience that left him emotionally unable to move beyond his childhood coif? It's a curious blind spot for someone who's made his reputation on visual impressions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my sister-in-law has a new Mustang, enough said. And Ken Burns went to Hampshire with John Linn...