Monday, June 08, 2009

No Wake Zone

My uncle and aunt were in town not long ago and brought two of my cousins over for a visit. While they were here, my aunt and cousins took Zap and Devo out.

My mother did the next walk, and when she got back she reported that a neighbor had stopped her to ask if everything was okay, citing "all the visitors" and "strangers walking the dogs."

I don't really know the woman, but I realized right away what she was thinking, because my drama-hungry mind works the same way: long illness + family onslaught - holiday = death.

Mom assured her that all was well, and she expressed relief. I bet she was secretly a little disappointed, though. I would've been.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will add some drama and come and walk the dogs if you like? I love drama.

Verlene Garcia Long-Bernal said...

You should ask all your guests to bring a casserole. Really freak them out.