Thursday, June 11, 2009

On a Roll

Doggy Poo (2004)

This charmingly eccentric cartoon from Korea features a little mound of dog poo on a quest to find meaning and purpose in his life. Left all alone on the side of the road and feeling abandoned and helpless, he believes his life is without value. Luckily, the despondent poo is befriended by a dandelion sprite who helps him recognize his worth. The film includes a behind-the-scenes documentary, music video, alternate endings and more.
My sister sent me this, remarking: "I didn't know it was possible for dog shit to have a life, to say nothing of that life having meaning and purpose."

Nor did I, but I put it at the top of our Netflix queue so I could learn all about it.

2 comments:

Michael W said...

Is that it for the review? No allusions to the meaning of crap? Some of us want to know more.

Mykljak said...

The only insight to be shared is that a world in which everything is sentient - fallen leaves, clumps of dirt, piles of dog crap - is a very disturbing place. I sincerely hope this is not the norm for Korean children's fare.