Monday, November 02, 2009

Kiss and Tell

From a friend:
i am staying at the w hotel in new orleans for work. it is also voodoo music fest weekend. i drank some wine (by myself, like a loser) at the hotel bar to console my over-worked ass (and all of my work friends arrive tomorrow, so i am all sad and alone) and sat next to some rocker dude who looked obviously rich and famous but could have been joe perry for all i knew. then i saw the unmistakable gene simmons and realized that i was (quietly and unassumingly) "partying" with kiss.

they scared the shit out of me when i was a kid.

gene simmons is just as ugly in real life as you would think.

i texted [my husband] and he told me not to sleep with them. um, no probs.
Later she added:
they were hanging out with women 30 years younger (who had on rings - i looked) or at least had good plastic surgery. some guy was taking cell phone photos, with permission, of gene simmons' shoes and jeans pockets (weird). i was in no mood - i pretended i didn't give a shit. which i actually didn't. good enough to email my friends about, not good enough to actually talk to them. what was i supposed to say? "um, i, also, want to rock and roll all night, and party every day, but i have an annoying job, which is why i am here in a business suit drinking wine at a hotel bar with my blackberry on a friday night"?

1 comment:

The Awakened said...

This friend of yours is quite funny