Sunday, November 08, 2009

T.R.A.A.A.P.D.

One day when I was 15, I was headed somewhere with my mother. We got in the car, which as usual was parked in front of the garage. (I've heard rumors that some people actually put the car in the garage, but I'm skeptical. Where, then, would they keep their towering piles of junk?)

For some reason, she put the car in drive instead of reverse. Luckily, several feet of driveway lay between us and disaster. She hit the brakes, and I burst out laughing.

"That does it!" she snapped. "You're not getting your driver's license."

"Why?" I protested. "I'm not the one who almost plowed through the garage door!"

"No, but you thought it was funny."

I sure did, but not as funny as this.

1 comment:

Michael Kearns said...

Driving While Revealing Family Secrets is my favorite. "You know, your father used to be married to a Korean woman." Priceless.