Monday, June 07, 2010

What She Said

I knew when I posted this that a lot of people would read it as: blah blah blah hospice blah blah blah die blah blah blah six months. What I didn't expect was that one of them would be a friend I made near the beginning of the journey, someone who's had ALS as long as I have and whose progression has more or less paralleled mine.

I told her the same thing I told everyone else: Relax. I'm not planning to check out anytime soon. Just wanted to keep you apprised.

What about you? I asked. How are you doing?

I could have written the response myself:
I’m fine really. Not much change for me either and I feel good although I look a wreck. Very skinny arms, legs and neck but fat waistline from sitting in this stupid wheelchair. A big frustration is the amount of time it takes to do everything but I’m thankful to still manage to enjoy life everyday. A very passive life yet quite satisfying, so much so that I wouldn’t know what to do with myself if I was cured.

1 comment:

The Awakened said...

I feel so much better reading this, thank you!