Thursday, May 31, 2007

Flashback

I just remembered a horrific detail of yesterday's adventure that I must have blocked out.

Shortly after turning onto the highway, we were assaulted by a stench so noxious I could barely breathe. There were four of us in the car, and I glanced around furtively to see three blank faces, each no doubt suspecting one of the others. We had no dogs along to bear the blame.

But the fetor was so powerful, the only way it could have been human was if one of us had actually burst open and perhaps caught fire, which was not the case.

Peering out the window through my watery eyes, I noticed that we were passing a garden center. A tragic mishap involving fertilizer, I decided with considerable relief.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice, country living smells bad!