Thursday, May 03, 2007

She's Back


The last time Betty was in town, I was fresh out of college and working at a business-news publisher. Her schedule came over the wire, and I realized she was due to arrive at a nearby hotel in a matter of minutes. I hiked up my skirt and literally ran there with one or two equally young colleagues. We arrived just in time to catch a glimpse through the throng. A glimpse of her car.

That was 16 or 17 years ago, and things have changed. I don't have a wire service at my disposal anymore (does anyone?), and I can't even walk nowadays, much less run. But it's fun pondering how to execute a curtsy from a wheelchair.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Queen would love to see you curtsy or not. She is also going to Williamsburg for gamboling and colonial treats