Monday, May 21, 2007

Going, Going, Gone

I'm even more clueless than I realized. My mother reported that the house across the street was snapped up in three days. The one next door isn't close to finished, but the developer is already showing it to potential buyers.

He offered to buy my mom's place. I think she should consider it, but I doubt she will. She's said more than once that she thinks the next owner will renovate or expand it instead of tearing it down. That's a breathtaking display of denial, considering what's going on all around her. Dan, my sister, and I smile indulgently and shake our heads. The future is clear to us, and it isn't one of modest homes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In light of our dependence on oil and home heating we might consider returning to smaller houses which clearly use less oil and are less offensive to me!

Anonymous said...

Hah, if I select the buyer, and I have a family in mind, who loves REAL comfortable quality-not-quantity houses instead of poorly built, wasteful monstrosities, I will prevail, oh ye of little faith! Right on Kay!