Friday, October 27, 2006

Stretching the Boundaries of Torture

I found the 10th circle of Hell this morning, and it took me ages to claw my way out.

After reading a reference in the paper to John Ashcroft's "Let the Eagle Soar," the song -- if you can call it that -- burrowed into my brain like a botfly, playing in an endless taunting loop until I nearly lost the precious remaining shreds of my sanity. I was finally able to exorcise the evil by crawling to the stereo and turning on good music -- loud -- for several minutes.

I'd honestly rather be waterboarded or have electrodes attached to my naughty bits. Which got me thinking: Do you suppose they "Ashcroft" the "guests" at Guantanamo? I'd say anything they wanted just to make the bad noise stop.

Click the link above for the full version ... if you dare.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Jesus...

I would say more, but I can't think right now...I'm trying to stop my eardrums from bleeding from whatever those sounds were. Aren't torture techniques illegal on U.S. soil? Who pooped in Ashcroft's cornflakes to make him get up one day and want to do this to poor unsuspecting, tax-paying citizens??? And who do I talk to about getting Ashy to pay for my eardrum-repair job???