Monday, September 03, 2007

My Life on the ALS List

Did you catch my moment in the spotlight? Not likely, unless you happened to be watching the MDA Telethon around noon today.

I rolled on stage, surely one of Jerry's oldest and ugliest Kids, for a chat with one of the emcees. I'd been given the questions ahead of time, so I programmed responses into my talking computer. It worked pretty well -- well enough to moisten the eyes of the host and at least one of the telephone volunteers, whose reaction was caught by a sharp cameraman. I don't give up until someone cries.

The only disappointment was that I didn't get to sit in Jerry Lewis's lap. He was safely across the country at the main site in Las Vegas. With Maureen McGovern and the Village People. You keep that lap warm, Jerry; I'll catch you someday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your moment on TV and I missed it stupidly watching Andy Roddick in a walk-over. Damn it!

Anonymous said...

Did Jerry call you a nasty name?

scissors happy said...

you're one of jerry's kids? even though you're well into adulthood? shit, you really ARE the coolest person i sort of know.

too bad you weren't in vegas to roll over jerry of being such an asshole.

http://dlisted.com/node/14641

Mykljak said...

Not me, no -- Jerry murmurs sweet nothings in my ear in that wacky and oh-so-sexy joke voice he uses. Sometimes in French. Very bad French.

He's always enjoyed occasional forays into Crazyland, but the visits seem to be happening with greater frequency lately. Very sad. I think we're going to have to stage an intervention soon.