Friday, September 07, 2007

See Lee Run

I don't have too many specific criteria for my presidential candidates, although I tend to think they should be, at a minimum, intelligent and sane. That preference has been reinforced by recent experience.

Then again, illiterate nutters can be quite engaging.

Consider Lee Mercer, a self-described "road scholar." I've been following his campaign for several minutes now -- ever since a friend called to my attention No. 56 of the 70 reasons Mercer gives for running: "To Prove Jeb Bush is all in my house with disease." I was also struck by No. 49: "To Prove the United States Government killed my sex life, my wife sex life, my daughter-in –laws sex life both may sons and other of my family members sex life with Espionage Experimentation and Espionage Exploitation sex killing."

And some people think the '08 choices lack spirit and originality ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And he has Janet Reno and Colin "Powel" are supporting him?