Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Holy Hotcake

A tortilla, a grilled-cheese sandwich, and now a pancake.

As I watched this tasty item, served up by a diligent contributrix, it occurred to me that Jesus seems to appear disproportionately on the bread products of working-class Christians. Much the way UFOs are sighted only in rural areas, often in the South. If He really wanted to make a splash, He'd pop up on a brioche or a matzo. That would be newsworthy.

I love when the daughter is asked, "Why do you think that God would want to put that message on a pancake?" Duh. It was obviously the best way to get her attention. Worked, didn't it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, as the complete opposite of a working-class Christian, I will say that pancakes, tortillas, and grilled cheese sandwiches are consumed quite often chez moi. In fact, grilled pimiento cheese sandwiches are on the menu for lunch, Dec. 2nd! Yummy!

Mykljak said...

But will Jesus appear among the pimientos? That is the question.

Anonymous said...

what are pimientos anyway? I like my grilled cheese with bacon and without Jesus