Friday, August 31, 2007

Dear Miss Manners

A friend shared this dilemma earlier today:

I have a handyman who comes every couple of months to do projects around the house... today he's replacing an old AC wall unit.

Every time he comes he does the same thing: He waits for about an hour and then asks to use the bathroom... where he sits and releases what my brothers would call a "gorilla dump" in there.

Every time he comes I forget that this will happen.

Every time he does this, I go into a little shock and remember that he does this.

The BAD part is that my "old style florida bungalow" doors are those slatted louvre doors that really do not mask the sound, and CERTAINLY do not contain the smell of what he's doing.

So...

Here's the question: HOW rude is it to suddenly start spraying my expensive Whole Foods Air Freshener after he's done?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just keep lighting matches while he is there or run away screaming "Why didn't you go at home?"

Anonymous said...

well - what's the answer?